Tuesday, January 16, 2007

5 years and so little has changed....



I mean really, we're the same people we were the day we were married. Anyone can see that. Sure there have been minor changes along the way, like Troy deciding to grow an explosive afro and my choice to bring back the '60's with psychadelic spandex. Oh, and we had a baby. But really other than that not much has changed.

Ok, the gig's up. I guess we either are in serious denial that that much time has really passed or we just havent managed to take a decent picture of the two of us recently, or both. You be the judge.

Five years. I asked Troy on our anniversary last Friday what has been his favorite thing that has happened over the last five years, and without hesitation he smiled and pointed at Aliyah. I agree completely. Never before in our lives have we worked so hard for something so worth working hard for.

Looking back, I have some very favorite memories over the last 5 years, allow me to share some with you....
  • Summer vacation in San Diego with the Moss clan. Sun, fun, and relaxation!
  • Camping in Monticello with the Michaleks ( you take this road.....)
  • Changing 10+ tires in 5 years
  • Everything and anything that has to do with The Ranch! Hooray for The Ranch!
  • Troy sleep-talking and crying out in the night "Bastian! Save us!" (name that movie...)
  • 147th Ward campouts and sitting all night by the fire chatting with friends.
  • New Years mission reunions and watching Justin and Scott torture the Fox's cat :)
  • Aliyah spraying poo all over both Troy and I during our picture for the ward bulletin

Well, we have had some great times so far and look forward to a lifetime of memories yet to come. We have the best friends money could never buy and want to thank all you guys for making the last 5 years of marriage such a blast! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stoppin by! I know you! I would love to do your hair. I was supposed to do Elizabeths last weekend but I was SO busy!
Your family is so cute!

Lizzie said...

Congratulations on the big #5! Cant wait till we are reflecting on 10 years of marriage and beyond!