
Now that we can hold Gavin, we get to do this thing called "Skin to Skin" or "Kangaroo Care." Essentially we put on a special kind of hospital gown, and then get Gavin down to his diaper and put him right on our chest. They say that this kind of care immediately stabilizes his heartbeat and other vitals and is extremely beneficial to his progress. I got to do this for the first time the other day and it was the most wonderful experience. It was the first time that I really felt like Gavin was my baby, and with a little effort I could almost pretend that we werent in the NICU, but at home, cuddling before bedtime. He has had another infection this last week and has been rather uncomfortable in his bed so it was great to just snuggle him and feel (for the first time) that my being there was making a difference in his getting better. So now I have a

new thing to look forward to..... Cuddle Time!
10 comments:
How sweet to finally hold Gavin! He looks so good. You need a pic of him blowing bubbles!! You both look so happy to be close to each other. It's amazing that just having him close to you helps him feel secure, loved, and healthy. A life-lesson I guess! We love you guys and are still praying for you!!
What a beautiful thing! I'm so happy you get such quality cuddle time.
Tell Gavin we say hi. :)
That is so sweet! I am glad that they have discovered this. He looks so precious and his hands are sooo little. Thank you for the pictures and the updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya!
~Randi
Oh my goodness that must have been so wonderful. I guess I did Kangaroo care on my own at home and it was some of the best mommy/babes time ever.
So sweet. He is looking so cute! I love his hair.
Hi there,
I starting crying seeing that sweet sweet picture of a mommy and her baby. I am so happy that this time has come and that you ar receiving some comfort as well. I hope you are feeling better as well. Can you pump more often so this condition doesn't happen? Just wondering. Take care.
Love Bishop and Sister Lee
Oh my goodness he is so precious!
Jared said, "how are you doing? is your day going well? How much does gavin weigh now? I like the photos of you two." Sincerely, Jared
oh yay! what a precious, tiny little dude. here's to cuddle time!
We are so glad that he is doing so well! Way to go on graduation to Nursery B, Gavin! It's only the first of many graduations for you! We can't wait to meet you!
Post a Comment