Do you ever find yourself embarrassed and don't know how you got there? Where nothing intellegible comes out of your mouth but the rising blush on your cheeks says it all? Here are a few of my blushing moments:
High School
The scene is set. It's Prom night of my senior year and everyone's dancing the night away at the Capitol Building. My date and I are dancing on the second level when a great song comes on and we rush to the grand staircase to join the rest of the school on the ground floor. I slip. I fall. He slips. He falls- on top of me. Together we thud, thud, thud, thud, thud, thud thud, down the entire grand staircase and land face down in the shocked silence before 1,000 pairs of eyes watching our painful progress. We regain our power over gravity and manage to stand amidst raucus applause and whistles. Anyone within a mile could have seen my blushing (had they not been blinded by my glaring bruises).
College
(exerpt from a conversation with my first college crush, during our first 'real' conversation)
Me: "Oh you're from Salt Lake? Ha! I bet you take your laundry home every week for your mom to do for you!"
Him: "Umm, no I don't, [laugh] my mom can't do laundry.
Me: "[sarcastically] That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! What do you mean your mom can't do laundry?!
Him: "My mom has MS, and she can't reach the dials from her wheelchair."
Me: [startled silence..........] "You're serious aren't you?"
Him: "Yup"
Que blushing moment (Is it any wonder that we never went out???)
Marriage
We're back in our old apartment and getting the house ready to bring Gavin home from the NICU. At the last moment, Troy's dad and step-mom convince us to get rid of the disgusting carpet in the bedroom where Gavin will be staying. As we're getting ready to move furniture, I bump into Troy's dad coming out of the bedroom with a dresser drawer in his arms and a bashful look on his face. "Ummm," he stammers, "where do you want me to put this?" I'm confused by his blushing until a tiny bit of red silk peeking over the edge of the drawer catches my eye. Yup, you guessed it. He's holding THE drawer. The one that I should have remembered was in the dresser I just asked him to unload. Omigosh. "Uh .... justgoaheadandsetitoverthere" was my mumbled and rather unintelligible reply. I honestly don't know who was more embarrassed!
Ok now, you're all tagged! I want to read your embarrassing moments!

6 comments:
Hehehehehehehe! Thank you for these hilarious stories. You have given me the good mood I was looking for.
are you kidding me melissa about the prom one??!!!! that is absolutely crazy!!!! i can't believe that happened to you. i don't know if i want to feel bad for you or wish i was there to see it :)
That picture made my day!
oh my goodness!!! I thought the prom thing only happened in movies!!! what a picture to behold. The other situations were just hilarious!!One of my most embarrassing moments came when I was 8 months pregnant with my second son and I was at a party. I came out of the bathroom and everyone started to laugh. Well, you know when your bum gets so big and the pants get so tight well I was hooked up to the toilet paper roll and I had a tail of toilet paper stuck in my pants trailing behind me like a redneck. ohhhhhhh! Needless to say I could never live that one down. Love sister Lee
Apparently I wasn't in your prom group, but how could I have missed that!? :)
My embarassing moment happened when I was driving home from Bear Lake with Sean (pre-marriage). My stomach was not happy with me AT ALL, so I told him to pull over at the Chevron in Evanston. I ran, but not fast enough. I hid in the stall while the very irritated employee with a mop declared "they don't pay me enough for this!"
Britney
Those are some funny stories. One of my embarrassing moments happened when a boy that I just started to date came over to visit late at night. We were talking out in the front room for about an hour. Right when he went in for a kiss, we hear the floor creaking and look up to see my dad in his underwear. He thought my brother was sleeping on the couch, so he came out to turn off the light. He apologized and then went to his room. Then the guy and I could both hear my mom start to laugh from their room. The guy and I just laughed too.
Post a Comment