Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pleasant Memories of Childhood

I spent a large majority of my childhood scared senseless of the giant sharks my father told me were lurking in the ocean under the ball pit. In his defense, I used to dig myself down under the balls and not come out until police officers with cadaver dogs were sent in after me (not really, but you get the picture?) Thus was born the terror of the ball pit shark, and it is comforting to know that I was not the only child suffering from marine-life trauma. I brought this story up at a party recently where we were swapping ball-pit tales, and Kimbur sent me this awesome picture to bring it all back to life for me :) I wonder what kind of deadly and terrifying creatures I'll invent to keep my kids in line.....?

2 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

that sounds exactly like your dad...oh that evil man. i seriously need to post something new but all i do is homework everyday. i don't have kids doing funny things! miss you guys...im doing better. haven't lost the baby yet, which is frustrating. i go back to the doctor on tuesday. we shall see what happens...

Tina, Brent and the boys said...

That is a funny photo!