Monday, August 24, 2009

Starting the Week Off Right



I was going to post about the revolutionary new Time-out method Troy and I discovered this weekend (see above), but upon getting out of the shower this morning, I found that my kids had served themselves breakfast. They are so wonderful and independent! It looks like it's going to be another week full of surprise and adventure!




*Disclaimer: Troy and I don't really leave Aliyah on top of 7 foot high armoirs on a regular basis (although sometimes we'd like to) so don't bother calling social services or anything. But do feel free to apply our methods in your own home :)

12 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

Well, at least they didn't dirty any more dishes (although you probably wished that they would). They are SO CUTE though even though they do like to make big messes- and I like your time out technique- Aliyah definitely won't be going anywhere!

The Richardsons said...

Ha! Way to help me look on the bright side Cheryl! No dirty dishes is definately a plus :)

Tiffany said...

1. Your parenting skills are quite creative and never cease to amaze me! :) Love it

2. I will soon post pics of the new place

3. I will soon call you

Mrs. Haynie said...

hah! love the time out picture!

Jared and Jessica said...

That picture is so funny! I cracked up! Hope you are doing well!

Lizzie said...

That's what you get for trying to take a shower! I find myself doing and saying things I never thought that I would as a mom and I know you can relate.

Cormorant said...

Even when she's mad, Aliyah is still so adorable and cute! :)

Lana said...

No need for a disclaimer, I think that strategy is BRILL!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! that's a big helping of cereal.

Jackie said...

If Doug and I weren't so short, we'd totally incorporate such a time out for our future kid.

Pure genius.

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

I guess you'll have to lock the kids in the bathroom with you

Angi.Mima said...

I knew that armoir would come in handy, you guys are so creative.