Friday, March 30, 2007

Chocoholic at 8 months!

When Troy left for work this morning he put Aliyah in her little exersaucer to keep her entertained while I got ready. A few minutes later I walked past her to grab something out of the kitchen and thought to myself..."Why do I smell Chocolate Mint Cookies?" At that moment I became aware that Aliyah was abnormally quiet, and turned around to find.... Chocoate Chaos!
The Single Sisters had their enrichment over here last night and left some of their refreshments on the coffee table when they left. Aliyah apparently figured that free chocolate cookies were too good to pass up and somehow managed to grab the WHOLE BOX that was in the middle of the table from her little seat in her exersaucer. Don't ask me how she did it. Some days I'm sure she has superpowers, like the day she unscrewed a jar lid to get to the candy inside. A sugar fiend at 8 months.... we have our hands full already!




Admiring out her chocolate face paint in the mirror











Looks like the sugar high is winding down and working its way towards chocolate-induced coma.

8 comments:

whitney said...

that's freakin' hilarious! :) man, having babies is so exciting. i love getting a good laugh out of things like that. you think when your kid does something like that, it would just make you so mad, but they are too darling to get upset at. i bet she took a great nap after that! :)

randivon said...

This is oh my goodness cute! She seems like a very dexterious baby! It is amazing the trouble they can get into once they can put things in their mouths! Thanks for sharing... it made me smile!

Lizzie said...

Maybe I should get her a t-shirt that says "give me some chocolate and nobody gets hurt." So CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Aliyah, you're my kind of girl! Melissa, you're a good mommy with the talent of seeing humor in a "mess".

-Allison

HaLaine said...

Hahha! SO CUTE! Good times ahead for you!

HaLaine said...

Hahha! SO CUTE! Good times ahead for you!

Dan The Man said...

That's my special girl! I love her and I love that you put frequent pictures up of her so I can see her grow. I miss the crap out of you guys and I can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Troy, Wanted you to know I came into the world breach also, and once in a while Uncle Rocky calls me butt head also! Not for that reason sorry to say. Uncle Rocky had hair so long he could tuck it into his pants! Yuk, lucky I never meet him then. Tell everyone Hi love this blog. Love, Aunt Linda