Thursday, March 29, 2007

5 Little Known Facts about Troy

Well, it's late and we're sitting here like bumps on a log and decided to follow Ben's example and enlighten you with some Troy-isms. Here goes!

1. My first nick-name was "Butt-head." I was born breach so I came out butt first, and my mom had to deliver me folded in half while a group of med students laughed at my bum. So my intro to the world was bottom's up!


2. I fell through the roof of my High School Auditorium. No big deal except it's the biggest Auditorium west of the mississippi. We were doing the "egg drop" experiment and I found the only soft spot in the roof. Luckily I got caught in the curtain rigging and narrowly avoided falling to my death. They don't do that experiment from the roof anymore. Wonder why....
3. In a perfect world, everything I own that could be ironed, would be ironed. Sheets, towels, underwear, socks.... you name it. Especially shirts. Someday all my shirts will be professionally starched and ironed and crisp. Oh yeah.
4. I spent my Junior High years as a long-haired hippie. My hair came to my shoulders and was either straight or in dreds. I wore tie-dye shirts, frayed curduroy pants, hemp sandals and my favorite necklace had a huge turquoise rock hanging from it that I stole from my brother. Good times, good times.
5. I hallucinate when I drive tired on the freeway. Past sightings include white horses, pizza delivery boys, and missionaries. Melissa knows to take over when I swerve to keep from "hitting" something darting across the freeway and there's nothing there. Except one late night I saw a big dresser, and I didn't swerve and realized I wasn't hallucinating when it exploded all over the front of the car when I hit it head on. You win some, you lose some.


3 comments:

HaLaine said...

HAHHAH! HAHHAHAHAH! HAHHAHA! HAHAHA...hhaha...hahah..ahem. HAHAHAH! Troy as a hippie!! And an ironing freak!! AND HITTING A DRESSER! HAHHHAHA! Oh phew. Ahem. Hhaha...ahem.

whitney said...

i can totally picture you as a hippie. it's a good thing we all get a little smarter as we grow up, huh? :)

Tina, Brent and the boys said...

Troy, you are freakin' hilarious! I can't wait to tell Brent this story... you and your nine lives!