Monday, March 5, 2007

The Challenge: Little known facts about me

1. I think about the beach almost every day. I miss spending long summer days on the sand, sitting perched on a lifeguard tower, watching the sun go down, cooking dinner over an evening bonfire and listening to the sound of the tide coming in.


2. I secretly dream of becoming a photographer. I love taking pictures, and I love people who will endulge me (like my cousins in this picture). I don't have the camera or the confidence yet to make it happen, but it is a "someday" dream for me.






3. Dancing makes me come alive. I never feel more fulfilled than when I am on stage expressing myself through dance. I have danced polynesian, middle eastern, european, but for me, Mexican Folk Dance is really the only way to go.



4. I LOVE teenagers! Spending time with teenagers keeps you young and ages you at the same time. But I love the incredible potential that comes with that time of life, and the excitement that they are on the verge of who they will become, and the possibilities are endless!






5. I am TERRIFIED of bears. My fear spans both the rational and irrational, but just thinking about bears can stress me out no matter where I am. Now you know.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow, interesting! Some things that I didnt know about you! Miss you tons lately!

janaya said...

teenagers... who'd have thought? maybe i need a little lesson in why teenagers are so wonderful, 'cause frankly they kind of scare me these days... although, maybe i'm just thinking of college freshman. :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa, You are a great photographer! You don't need a special camera. You already have a special eye for it. God has giving you a gift that not everyone has. Use it girl! I love you! Happy Easter, go out a take lots of picture, today! Love, Aunt Linda