The wood underlay was rotting away. Through the big hole on the left you can see down to the crawlspace. There is another hole in the upper right corner by the tub. Most of the wood by the tub was rotted like this
Here is a picture of the other corner by the tub, also completely rotting away.
And this is the big winner! These moldy beams should be attached to the wall to hold up our tub and toilet, but as you can see, the plumbers we hired last summer decided to cut them out to put in more plumbing! There was absolutely nothing between us and a 4 foot fall.
It is so nice to have normal floors now! I still catch myself tip-toeing around the bathroom sometimes but things are better than new!

7 comments:
What an adventure! I am glad there are safe times ahead when I need to use your bathroom! We watched part of The Money Pit the other night - you have nothin to worry about now!
What a nightmare!!! Do you do Yoga yourself? Or do you go to a class? I love yoga and took a couple classes. Its so fun, If I had some extra money I would so take a yoga class!!
Yes! I have been to BYU's classes a couple years ago! I forgot, I totally want to sign up. Thanks for the idea.
wow... i don't even want to think about what's on the other side of our walls, between the floors, under our feet... there's this little internal clock inside me ticking away the minutes we have left before we can move out and never have to wonder about it again though. :) do you feel like you should start pulling up the rest of your floor?
Happy Chinese New Year!
Wow! Lucky! Good thing you acted fast.
It's so fun to read your blog and keep updated on everything. Cute family, cute blog!
oh my disgusting. i was wondering why we haven't seen you guys at church in the last month. i guess we'll just have to hang out with you more, so we can see you and your precious little girl. i just started a blog too. it's benwhitshafer@blogspot.com. this is such a great way to keep updated on what's going on with your friends.
Post a Comment