Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sew Much Fun!


Ok, so I have attempted to break into the vast and mysterious world of sewing. It has been quite the adventure and I have had to bite my lip to keep from swearing in frustration many, many times. My favorite things to sew are costumes, because its not such a big deal if they dont turn out quite right (which they usually dont....) and I can really improvise. This week I subjected my little brother Michael to a "photo shoot" of some of the costumes I've made for him. He really got into it and it was fun to see my costumes come to life in the imagination of one little boy.



3 comments:

Tina, Brent and the boys said...

Hey Melissa! The boys loved the photos of him, they said to tell him he's a "Nerd"! ha ha! (They are jealous!)
We really liked the one of him as a Jedi!
He actually did a really great job posing...
They look great, Melissa!

whitney said...

wow, great costumes melissa! i'm really impressed. i wish i could sew. someday maybe. :) i love the harry potter picture. your brother has a great face for lots of different characters.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, You have so many talents, some hiding and really many right out there. You really must have your grandma Mary's sewing talents. This costumes are great! Michael is a natural actor too! It must have been a fun day! Give everyone our love, Aunt Linda