Monday, July 16, 2007

Heaven on Earth!

We have just returned from another amazing year at "The Ranch,"
Troy's family's ranch up in Idaho. It is 3 hours from anywhere and the most beautiful place I have ever been. There is something to do for every mood, whether it's 4-wheeling, fishing, horse-back riding, swimming, strolling or just resting. I go through withdrawals every year when we have to come back! This year my favorite thing was going out to the pool (heated by mineral hot spring water) late at night with troy and floating on our backs under billions of stars for hours on end. It was glorious! Here are a few pics from our trip:










At the lakes there are canoes, paddle boats and all kinds of good fishing. Troy broke his fishing record this year and caught over 50 fish in one day! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!





















I, unfortunately, only caught 10 fish to Troy's 50+ on my best day of fishing, but who could complain with a view like that?

3 comments:

janaya said...

that picture of aliyah and troy in the canoe is priceless! i love it! glad you guys had a fun vacation. we miss you guys! can't wait to get back and play again. :)

whitney said...

wow, that's beautiful! i'm totally jealous. :) i need a vacation. i'm glad you had so much fun!

HaLaine said...

So, the next time you need some company up there at the cabin, let us know! ( "