Saturday, August 4, 2007

Daniel & Katie















The week of Aliyah's birthday, Daniel brought his girlfriend Katie out to Utah for vacation and to meet our family. I admit, I was nervous to meet her- I mean, she's a sophisticated New Yorker, and we're, well you know us :). Sophisticated is barely in our vocabulary. But guess what? She's fantastic! We all liked her right away and we had so much fun while she was here.



It has been a while since we have seen Daniel, and having him here for a whole week was great, until he had to go home. I don't realize how much I miss my brothers until they come to visit, and my parents house starts to feel like the home I grew up in again. The day after they arrived, I ran upstairs to get something from my mom and saw my dad and Daniel ironing their shirts and getting ready together. It almost made me cry to realize how much I miss having all our family together.

After they left, Katie finalized her place in my heart when she sent us all Thank-You's in the form of the most beautiful and delicious Chocolates I have ever seen in my life! She is truly a woman after my own heart!

4 comments:

whitney said...

what a beautiful couple! i'm so glad that you got to be with your WHOLE family for a while... family is so wonderful.

April said...

You must be happy to spend more time with Dan all week. I am happy for you guys.

Kimbur said...

I don't think you had anything to worry about Melissa. When I first saw her picture I thought it was you, then I looked closer, because I thought it was strange that another man had his arm around you. Then I saw it was not you, and the guys was your brother.

Dan The Man said...

AWW i love it! i miss you sooooo much! it was nice to be home and yeah, it was hard not to get teary eyed cause it felt just like when we were growing up. I love you.