- I am a curvy woman: I have an almost complete hourglass figure, except with less of a waist than an hourglass. When I moved to Utah at the self-concious age of 14, I drove myself crazy trying to compete with all the stick-figured girls I was up against. Then I realized, Heavenly Father made me this way, and there is nothing wrong with my Mexican curves. I shouldn't want to be someone else, and someday I would find a man who loved me BECAUSE of my curvy figure. And guess what? I did!
- I am Mexican-American: In California, I got made fun of because my mom was white. My nick-name was "Guera" (white girl) because I was only half Mexican. In Utah I was an anomaly to the world (there were only 3 multi-cultural students in my whole school). I am proud of BOTH of my cultures and the culture that has arisen in our family as we have blended the two. As the T-shirt says: Made in America with Mexican parts!
- I am Late: I am late A LOT (not always, as Troy insists) but I really try to be on time. I can't account for it other than I don't like to be the first person anywhere because I feel like I am wasting time sitting around. I accept this flaw only inasmuch as I am trying to improve on it. :)
- I make mistakes: And thats ok! As a kid I would give myself stomach aches making decisions because I didn't want to make a mistake. I'm still kind of indecisive, but I'm ok with making mistakes. I've realized that the whole purpose of life is to experience life, and if we make mistakes we learn more about the world and ourselves than doing everything right all the time.
- In the world of Jane Austen, I am:

Take the Quiz here!
I took this quiz hoping it would say I was someone fantastic and glamorous like Elizabeth Bennet or Emma, or even Jane Bennet. Nope. I am Eleanor Dashwood, and I'm afraid it's true. It's not very glamorous, and I spend most of my free time taking care of the people I love, but just like Eleanor, I married the man of my dreams, and I am happy! Exhausting as it can be, I love taking care of people and even though sometimes I think I would love to be fancy and elegant, I am proud to be me!

10 comments:
From one Elinor to another :)
1. I'm also late
2. I'm pretty scattered
3. Horrible at keeping up with friends (as you know) though I love them dearly.
4. Will never do my hair in anything more than a bun or ponytail.
5. Will put on Elmo to read a book
And that's ok
love it. love the confessional posts. :) the come to terms with myself posts. here's me:
1. i have small boobs. therefore, i wear victorias secret padded bras. and i'm ok with that.
2. i procrastinate. not because i don't want to get things done, but because my priorities are inconsistent with my responsibilities. :)
3. i talk too much. i'm ok with this as long as it doesn't interfere with my ability to be a good listener. for the most part it's a delicate balance.
4. i have really strong opinions about most things. but i am a major flip flopper on a lot of other things.
5. i like my hair long. ok. that's just how it is. lots of people like it short. i like it long.
love your post melissa! can't wait til we're practically neighbors again.
You are so awesome! Thank you for sharing. I have always thought you were amazing so it is incredible to hear you talk about your perceived faults. It is amazing how we all have those. Anywho, I enjoyed all you had to say. I took the quiz... I am an Elanor as well. I love you hon! ;-)
WOOO..you are very honest. It takes lot of guts to admit and accept yourself just the way you are. I gave you props! Just for the record, I thought you are a very attractive woman first time I met you in Utah. You got a friendly smile. I am glad that you also believe in hard work rather than whinning. Don't get me wrong, I whin too, but we must all learn to move on from it and make changes for the better. Really. I wish I got to spend more time with you last time I was in Utah. Maybe next time? heheh..
I'll have to take the quiz later...I'm late too though, I will tell you that, it's something I definately struggle with and have had an uphill battle trying to overcome! Onto the "Nathan and the Palm Tree" story, I don't know for sure if he threw-up, I would guess he was close to it. He had some bad rash burn marks, and streaks of blood on his ribs and arms, though. He about fell over afterward. I think somewhere in the middle of all that I took a nap, or something while he was out there, it did take a while, you know. -t
I should be more like you and come to grips with some things about me. You are a great example to me Melissa, and thank you for your friendship!
Wow! I feel honored to be the start to such a great introspection about yourself! :) You are amazing - and I love reading your blog because it makes me feel like I'm still in Provo down the street from you guys. And thanks for the honesty about some imperfections that you have grown to accept and even have made into a strength - because it gives us all hope that we can do the same!! :) Thank you!!
Emily is an Eleanor Dashwood and I think I am Darcy (from the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice). Of course, my conclusion is based solely on my personal expertise which has been developed over the 19 viewings of pride & prejudice.
SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
-Brock
Wow, I think Brock tops us all on the confessionals! Troy's response to 15 seconds of viewing time was "I swear people NEVER talked like that!" Good on ya Brock! :)
Hey Melissa! The website is www.blurb.com
You download some software, and the rest is pretty intuitive. I adjusted a lot of the pages so the smaller posts would fit on one page. SOmetimes you have to manually add pictures because the size is too big for the software. It's really a cool thing. I haven't seen a finished book yet, but hopefully it'll be cool!
Post a Comment