Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Checking In

Hello everyone, I'm taking advantage of a few minutes of feelin' good to just check in and say hello (this is Melissa speaking by the way). First of all I want to let you all know how much it has meant to us to receive so much love and support via prayers, fasts, visits, calls and blog comments. It is so nice to lay back at the end of a rough day and have Troy read me your sweet comments. Things are still very much up in the air as we daily wait for my body to stablize some more. Today they finally broke down and gave me a transfusion, and hopefully that will help me recuperate faster. I am looking forward to every little milestone, and your prayers really make it that much easier to be patient and allow the Lord to work in our lives in his own good time. We love you all!

9 comments:

April said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 MELISSA. Nathan and I both miss you and think about you everyday. We are just one call away if you need anything. We'll try our best to help.

With love, Nathan and April

Pamlee48@cs.com said...

Hi there! I left a message yesterday but I did something wrong where it didn't transfer or save itself. Troy did a terrific job of describing everything so it could be understood. It was good to get an update to see how you are doing. I babysat last night while bishop did a year end report on one of the houses we manage. It was an uneventful night after a long day at work. OK though. Today I put away Christmas and cleaned everything thoroughly. It feels so good to have it all put away for another year. I go back to work tomorrow and more babysitting. I try to help where I can so no babysitting expenses are incurred. Now I need to get busy on the new baby stuff. We are happy to hear that the transfusion was successful or at least hoping that. At these times we find out how much we are loved by not only friends and family but Heavenly Father as well. What room are you in?
Love Bishop and Sister Lee

Lizzie said...

Happy New Year! The celebrations last night were great and I hope not too overwhelming for you. I am just glad that we didnt set the fire alarms off! It felt like old times (minus the hospital and all).

Kassie said...

Hi Melissa and Troy,

Travis and I just found out about the accident today. We are in Colorado now, but will be back on Friday and would love to help with anything we can. You are in our prayers. Kassie and Travis Howe

joshandemily said...

Hey Guys! We just found out about your accident today. Know that you are and will be in our prayers. We would love to watch Aliyah day or night whenever you need us to. Also, Kelli and I are coming up with some Diva crafts that we can bring to you-let us know when you are up to it. If you need any random favors please call us. You are both such great examples to us of staying positive when things are rough. Thanks and we love you!

HaLaine said...

Transfusion already!??! Dang, I was going to go donate some blood to you so you didn't have to have stranger blood! Well, if you need anymore, just let me know! ( "

Anonymous said...

Melissa & Troy, I have been thinking about you & your family since I found out you were in the Hospital. It's good to get updates from Laurie & Elizabeth at work. I pray that everything continues to stay stable and that the little guy can continue to stay inside for many more weeks. I've told your mom that if she ever needs me to, I can make deliveries to you on my way home from work, if she can't make it down one day & I'd love to come visit you with Elizabeth or your mom some time. I know too well how Hospital life can get old fast!

Love,

Janean Baxter

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to here your stablized and the baby too. Rest as much as you can, it is not easy sleeping in the hospital. It is wonderful reading the comments. You are so loved! I wish I could bring some of my deviled eggs over to you. They wouldn't ship to well. You hang in there. Love you, Aunt Linda

Tina, Brent and the boys said...

Wow! What a great update! It is nice to hear your voice(I always hear your voice like you are reading your blog to me.) We are still praying for you- 1am est on new years day, just after the party, a few of us from our church were still hanging around & I figured what the heck?
So, in the meantime, I hope you are feeling better with the blood transfusion, did Troy donate?
It snowed here today, snowday for the boys, oh yea. That's how my day went...long...studying for finals with 3 boys fighting over Christmas toys. Gotta go for now, keep up the news, we can't wait to hear what happens next...love ya