Well, today was a milestone in a couple ways. First of all, today marks one week that I've been in the hospital. If you asked me when we got here, I never would have thought that I would make it even this far. I was sure that either the baby would be born or I would throw myself out a window by now. :) Seriously getting over the initial hump of physical misery and mental boredom was huge. But the transfusion did wonders for my feel-good factor and I'm starting to feel more myself again. This is going to sound totally stupid, but I never realized how much of a part your blood plays in absolutely everything in your body. I mean, I've taken biology so my brain knows the logistics of it, but I never truly understood that it is utterly impossible for any part of your body to do its job or feel good without enough blood. It was weird and really gross to have these bags of blood hanging over my head and running into my hand, but I'm so glad that we live in a place where clean blood is readily available!
Milestone #2: I took a SHOWER today!!!!!! Seeing as the last time I showered was CHRISTMAS, it was long overdue. They were too afraid that being up for that long of time would be harmful for the baby, so I was only allowed random sponge baths. So today, I stood in the hot water and sang for the whole floor to hear. Never in my life have I done anything so completely luxurious. Granted, I was only allowed 5 minutes, but it was heaven. If the Lord was looking for a way to help me count my many blessings, he has outdone himself. :)
I have said it before and i will for sure say it again, but our greatest blessing has been all of you. In situations like this, I know that it is frustrating that there is so little that can physically be done to help, but this horrible experience would have seemed beyond our strength had it not been for our friends and family. I am not exagerating when I say that we can literally feel your prayers and are lifted by your support. Even the smallest things like text messages and blog comments are the cheerleading section that keep us going. For me especially, (a mothering control freak) knowing that there are so many people looking out for my family and my husband allows me to feel the peace I need to recover. A million thank you's!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Glad to hear you are out of bed for awhile. I know the feeling of having your first shower (after I had my gall bladder out).You sound happy and blessed. Keep hanging in there. WE Love YOU! Aunt Linda
Melissa,
We just heard about your accident. I'm glad to hear that things are improving and that no one else was hurt. We love you and you and your little boy will be in our prayers. I know Heavenly Father is watching over you and your family.
Love
Nicole and Mike
...and many more...:0)
Man... I am jealous of the people on your floor... not everyone gets to hear a Melissa concert. Well, I guess they probably needed it as much as you. I am glad that you are doing well enough to take a shower. Blood over your head... that does sound weird. We are still praying for you in Texas... and everything is bigger in Texas. (I do not know what that means but you can decide.) :-)
i literally thought of you while i was enjoying my own shower today and about you and the sponge baths and i thought "oh my gosh! i bet melissa is dying for a shower right now!!" so i'm so glad to hear that you got to enjoy one. cause nothing beats a great shower after too many days without one.
love you! seriously... any cravings, just say the word. :)
i hope you don't mind - i check your blog every now and again - i am so sorry to read everything that has happened, but am so happy that you are doing as well as you are. i am not sure where you are - but let me know if i can do something (besides keep you in our prayers!) take care and tell troy howdy for us!
Melissa, I must say that you are a brillant writer. You always have expressed yourself so so well but your wrting is not only equal but surpasses your speaking. It was so good to see you to see for myself that you are edging upwards in your health. WE pray always for you to be stable and moving forward in your progress. Lots of love to you and Troy and Aliyah.
Love Bishop and Sister Lee
Melissa and Troy,
TJ and I are keeping you in our prayers out here in Pennsylvania. We hope that everything works out for the best for your little family. Thanks for keeping us updated, we wish you and your little boy well.
Amber and TJ
love you melissa! hang in there... you are totally awesome. i am amazed by your positive attitude. you rock! :)
Post a Comment