Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's a Boy!

Today during the opening song of conference, my water broke, and giddy with the excitement of the impending birth of our son we packed up our things and made a bee-line for the hospital.  After 10 hours of labor, our son was finally born, weighing in at 9 lbs, 23 inches long.  It was a miraculous, peaceful experience and I reveled in the quiet intimacy of bringing our son into the world amidst such tranquility.

Hahahahahaha...........*gasp*.......HAHAHAHAHA......... *double gasp*.......he he he ... giggle....


Sorry, couldn't help myself :) So this morning I woke up to the sleepy cries of my 6 lb preemie, nestled him in my arms against my pillow and said "Hey you're being born today! Happy Birthday!"  So I guess that means we're Even-Steven and I am now the proud mother of a newborn! Yipee Skippie! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

i totally thought i was losing it when i started reading that blog...you crack me up!

Tina, Brent and the boys said...

I think you need a vacation, Melissa. You're in need of some relaxation time. (I thought I was reading someone else's blog at first.)