Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm a Real Boy!!!

I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret,
or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me
Hi-ho the me-ri-o
That's the only way to go
I want the world to know
Nothing ever worries me
Hi-ho the me-ri-o
I'm as happy as can be
I want the world to know
Nothing ever worries me
I've got no strings
So I have fun
I'm not tied up to anyone
They've got strings

But you can see
There are no strings on me!

Yesterday Gavin's doctor called us and gave us the WONDERFUL news that Gavin passed his oxygen test and could be taken off his oxygen and monitors!!!! Hooray!!! I was so happy I could have cried (oh, wait.... yup, I did!). I don't know why but for me those wires were like the horrid tentacles of the evil Hospital monster still trying to lay claim on my precious little boy. They were always there, reminding me that he wasn't quite a "real" boy yet. But now we have slain the beast and I can kiss every inch of my baby's face without plastic or rubber getting in my way. He's a real boy, and we couldn't be happier!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I'm so excited and happy for you! Congrats Gavin, you're such a little fighter!

whitney said...

aaahhh!! so, so great! now you can see with perfect clarity how stinkin' darling he is.

Mrs. Haynie said...

oh mel, i am so excited and happy. i cried reading your blog so i can imagine how it is for you..i love you all!!

janaya said...

he couldn't be any cuter. what a sweetheart. he sure has come a long way and he's been such a trooper and a little fighter the whole way. we miss you guys already!

randivon said...

Hooray!! He has such a cute little face and it is so fun to get to see it without the tubes. It is amazing to see! Congratulations Gavin (and Melissa and Troy)!

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

I just shouted "Yay" out loud... I couldn't help it! Congrats on the great news--he looks studly. :)

Lizzie said...

That totally made me want to cry! You've done such an amazing job and look how far he has come - its nice to just get to enjoy him without all of the attachments.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and he even looks a little chubby. It is wonderful seeing his whole face. Kiss it for me. Love all of you, Aunt Linda

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Hi there,
It's been a while since I have read your blog. Gavin is just adorable!! Our computer went down so we invested in a new one. My new email is plpamlee@gmail.com We have been sooooo busy. We had 3 of our grandkids for 4 1/2 days and then yesterday I tended Porter and today I am heading over for a graduation for my grandson that is graduating from grammar school. We have lots more engagements and you'll have to call and get caught up. We think of you often and are so happy to see little Gavin looking so great. Give Alyah a kiss and hug from us. Love Bishop and Sister Lee

Darbee said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you all! I can't believe how much bigger Gavin looks, even since Elizabeth's shower. What an amazing boy! I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying baby Gavin even more than before!

Oh, by the way, I NEED to get my hands on some of your cute baby Diva stuff... Belle would LOVE an apron! I want you guys to make one for me, and let me just pay you. (You saw how crafty I am, when I attempted the onesies at the shower... Not too great! :)) Anyway, cute ideas, and cute photos! Hope you are all doing well!

heather said...

So I cried when I saw this. He is absolutely perfect. Congratulations!!

layne said...

oh i'm so happy for Gavin! he's come a long way! how exciting :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, gosh, I just want to squeeze him.....He is soooo adorable. I know Terra can't wait to get her hands on him, haha. Please give Gavin a big kiss from all of us, Love you guys and miss you, Aunt Irene

Dan The Man said...

looks like he's got a little Captain in him!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness! Is that Gavin? What a happy chubby little boy! With no wires or tubes! Yeah! Congrats! I am so happy for you!

Jessica said...

He is so cute Melissa! I hope you guys are doing well. I can't believe how big Aliyah is getting and how blonde her hair is. Beautiful kids!
~Jessica Stephens