Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mom by Destiny, Diva by Choice

Last October I was perusing a boutique with my mother-in-law when I saw the cutest little flowered hair clips. I wanted to buy them for Aliyah, but the price tag said they were *gasp* $6 a pair! Upon closer inspection I thought to myself "These are so easy to make! If I could just get a couple people together to split the cost, they would be so cheap!" Ding! The lightbulb went on, and thus were born the Domestic Divas. I called 3 of my totally awesome friends (Emily, Kelli & Sofia) who also happen to have girls about Aliyah's age and the clips were done in no time.

Our girls had fun playing, we had fun talking, AND we saved money on something we all wanted for our girls. So now we get together every other week and make something for ourselves or our kids, and post the instructions on our Diva blog. Our numbers have grown now beyond the original 4, but the more the merrier! I must admit I look forward to Diva Days like Christmas, but who wouldn't with such great (smart, funny, talented....) friends? So here's to the Divas! May our projects be plentiful and our husbands patient! Haha!

Toddler Aprons we made for our Future Divas


The original Diva project, Girlie Hair Clips

5 comments:

whitney said...

totally cute! i can't wait to have a girl and have a reason to make such darling, girly stuff. some day. sigh.

Lizzie said...

So fun! I cant wait till I can join you for some of your diva days and I love the blog with all of the projects!

heather said...

Okay ... I have said how jealous I am of you very often (still living so close to so many people that I love!) - but I think this one tops the charts! This is so cool! Even though I don't have a girl, I love all of these ideas, and will visit your diva blog frequently! :) Thanks for thinking to share it all with us! You gals are amazing!

Mrs. Haynie said...

those clips are so cute!!! when i have kids i am going straight to you for the "how-tos" on making cute things, along with other things such as how to get sleep, how to be patient, etc...:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. WHat a great idea your projects are really cute and so I have invited myself to your group. You are brilliant Melissa and you little Gavin is adorable. Lisa Kearns gave Jason and me a summery of the events with Gavin and we are so glad that all is well.