Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tulip Marathon


Did I say marathon? I meant to say Festival. Perhaps the fact that ran all 44 acres made it feel like a marathon. The worst part is, I didn't even come in first. I think I came in 5th, and gasping for air- I might add, behind a couple of 2 year olds, a 3 year old and a 4 year old. If I had been allowed to walk, I'm sure I would have been breathless from the incredible scenery (and not from running) since what I saw in my blurred peripheral vision was absolutely glorious. I love this tradition that we have of going to the festival with all the girls from Troy's family and taking pictures of our kids amongst the tulips. This year I had the prime opportunity to document the many angles of Aliyah's backside (since that was all I saw of her the whole trip), and it's a good thing she's cute from the back too or it would have been a totally wasted trip. I have to say a big thanks to my mothers-in-law for the wonderful walk and girl-time!


6 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

where is this festival/marathon at? it looks gorgeous..

joshandemily said...

sooooo cute!

The Richardsons said...

It's at Thanksgiving point, for anyone interested

whitney said...

oh my goodness, look at that precious, little man in in the flowers... so darling! and alyah is beautiful, of course!

Lizzie said...

Those are some great pictures! I love the one of Aliyah looking up with her hair all wispy!

Jackie said...

I love Thanksgiving Point, but I admit I get tired walking through it and I've never had to chase kids!!

Darling kids--I love Gavin in the flowers. :)