So yesterday evening I was in a rush to get the kids into the car and off to a birthday party at Hannah and Franks when I spotted this tiny baby bird soaking wet and huddled up against our doorstep. It looked on the verge of death and being a Mommy Bird myself, I couldn't just let it die there even though I was in a hurry. So I stuffed a towel into a pampers box and put him in the box. I closed up the box, covered it with a towel and headed off to the party, fully expecting to come home to a dead bird. On the way home from the party, I told Troy about the baby bird (his reaction was, "You what?!") and when we got home I pulled out the box to show him. I opened the box and ...[drumroll] ........ No baby bird! Aliyah and I got on our hands and knees and crawled around looking for it, when WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOSH! My "baby" bird was cruising around the apartment at Mach 10.
Troy: You thought THAT was a baby bird?!
Me: Well, I guess it looked smaller when it was wet.
Troy: How did you catch it?!
Me: I told you, it was dying! I just picked it up with a towel and put it in the box.
Troy: [laughing] Well how are we going to get it out?
Me: Ummm........

11 comments:
hahaha. awesome. i love richardson stories. :) so do you have a new pet, or did you get it out? ... or did it end up dead afterall?
Well it almost ended up as a pet, but we decided to let it go since we just BOUGHT 2 birds, but then when we tried to let it go it almost ended up dead (picture Troy trying to "gently" shoo a bird out the door...)and I am happy to report it is now alive and free. :)
so funny. thanks for the laugh. :)
HAHAHHAHA! HAHAHAAH!
Did you learn nothing from "Ishbu" our freshmen year? The drunken Cedar Waxwing that Lana rescued? :)
Melissa, your blog is my favorite by far! Your life is so full of surprises.
Makes me feel better about my total pregnant moment later that night. Can't wait to hear how you got it out.
Too funny! I am dying laughing right now... I would've done the same thing, too. So, how did you get it out? Thanks for sharing... I needed a good laugh! :-)
birdseed, box, stick, string. For further instructions see Loony Toons.
So to get it out we turned off all the lights in our apartment, turned on the porch light, and opened the front door. It flew to the top of the front door but wouldn't go out, so Troy tried to scare it out by throwing a towel at it from behind, but instead the towel landed on top of it, pinning it to the top of the door. When Troy pulled the towel down I was sure it would be injured, but he shook the towel and it flew out the door! That is one lucky bird.
Ha!!!!!!!
And I loved your commas... all of them. :)
Post a Comment