For the last few years we have had a favorite camp destination, Silver Lake Flatts. When we first started going 4 years ago, we would spend leisurely afternoons absolutely alone in the forest and on the lake. It was heaven. Then 2 weeks ago, disaster hit. I opened up a local magazine and found myself staring at a 2 page spread advertisement for "our" spot, complete with photo, map and directions! Curses! So this last weekend we tried to go up with the 4-plex crew and found not only traffic (which is no good on dirt road switchbacks...) but the lake was packed and camping was closed off to everyone but backpackers!!!! So 12 very unhappy would-be campers turned their cars around and headed back down the mountain. There was no hope of camping or even picnicing (all sites were full) until.... Troy spotted this lone picnic table in the trees off the road! Hooray! So even though we didn't camp, we still had a great dinner, even better company, and got to do it all against the amazing backdrop of American Fork Canyon. I love that we have such great friends that all our plans can fall through and we still can have a great time!
Oh my goodness Aliyah looks so grown up in these pictures! I love the one of her with the sunglasses - what a cutie!! It looks gorgeous up there - glad you guys had a good time!!
what fun pictures of so many people i love and all their DARLING kiddos! glad you guys could still have a good time even though your plans didn't turn out. :)
So I am assuming that little Gavin is doing better. Is he still on oxygen? Hope you are all doing well. I think as time passes there will be less and less empty spots to camp because no one can afford to do anything else. Take care and glad you had an enjoyable dinner. Love sister Lee
Melissa, you are amazing! I found your blog from other people in the ward (well, old ward for me). I'm so glad that you have a healthy, and not to mention very CUTE family! Your little Gavin must be so strong, just like his mommy! Good to find you again.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness Aliyah looks so grown up in these pictures! I love the one of her with the sunglasses - what a cutie!! It looks gorgeous up there - glad you guys had a good time!!
are you TRYING to break my heart!?!?! ;) i miss all those faces so much.
Oh man that sucks! We love that place too and were just talking about the fact that we wanted to go up there.
what fun pictures of so many people i love and all their DARLING kiddos! glad you guys could still have a good time even though your plans didn't turn out. :)
So I am assuming that little Gavin is doing better. Is he still on oxygen? Hope you are all doing well. I think as time passes there will be less and less empty spots to camp because no one can afford to do anything else. Take care and glad you had an enjoyable dinner.
Love sister Lee
Melissa, you are amazing! I found your blog from other people in the ward (well, old ward for me). I'm so glad that you have a healthy, and not to mention very CUTE family! Your little Gavin must be so strong, just like his mommy! Good to find you again.
Post a Comment