Thursday, June 19, 2008

Better Days

Sorry for leaving everyone in suspense for so long, but a couple days after Gavin got sick, Aliyah was tired of him getting all the attention and decided that coming down with a good case of croupe would even the score. As you can imagine, it's been nothing but fun, fun, fun around here this week. :) Ha ha. Really, if I didn't have such amazing family, I would have gone bonkers! The day Gavin got sick, the oxygen company was 6 HOURS LATE getting his setup to me, and I was beside myself until Troy's dad came and picked up Aliyah to stay the night at their house. What a blessing!
Then after she came home, Angie entertained her by painting her toenails so I could rest and Aliyah LOVED her mini-pedicure. Things are better now, both my kids are on the mend and it seems that summer has (finally!!) arrived so the fresh air is doing us all some good. Here's to better days!



5 comments:

whitney said...

wow, i can't believe how grown up aliyah looks. that's crazy. totally darling kiddos and yes, we're still totally on for the arranged marriage, although we promised one of our boys to ashlyn solano, so... aliyah can have the other one. :)

heather said...

What a beautiful girl!! I'm glad that life will get back to normal ... or at least not so adventurous for you guys! Miss you!

Mrs. Haynie said...

im glad things are better mel..aliyah looks so darling in that painting toes picture!

Tiffany said...

Oh man! I wish I could be out there...now that I don't have school and I'm not running around like crazy. I'm think'n of ya and hoping things will go up from here. We miss you neighbors!

Anonymous said...

Aliyah is quite the princess. I can't believe how big she is. What a doll.