The best laid [new years] plans of mice and men can be easily foiled by children. Sometimes I think my children laugh sadistically on the inside when they manage to pull something off that gets them out of a well-planned outing. Take Aliyah for instance, who managed to pull of a fantastic case of "Giant Hives" just in time to get herself out of an evening spent with friends we've been longing to see. I think the term "hives" was formulated because the victim looks like she's been stung by multiple entire hives of bees. This poor kid has them in her hair, on her eyes, neck, chest, arms, bum, legs and feet. When I took off her PJ's to show the doctor he just stared blankly and said "That is the most hives I have ever seen on any one child in all my years as a doctor." That's my girl, always going the extra mile. I just hope this talent for going above and beyond will someday lead to full-tuition scholarships and maybe winning the lotto. Here's hopin'! Happy New Years!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so sorry!That looks really painful. We will miss you guys to night. A party isn't a party without the Richardsons! Next time we will have to keep it a secret from your kids that we want to get together then they can't find some lame excuse like hives. ;)
We hope she get feeling better. Happy New Years.
dang! thats brutal! was she itchy? how did you manage the itch on 90% of her body? i love that she is smiling though.
oh and p.s. Sydnie barfed spaghetti dinner all over the carpet right at midnight. So 2009 for us starts with a rose colored stain on the carpet just millimeters away from the tile floor. I am almost 40 and still dealing with the kids foiling your plans thing. Happy new Year! Muah!
oh my goodness! that looks horrid. How in the world did she get the hives???? I sure hope she can recover quickly.
Love sister Lee
Melissa-
I did a little blog hopping and stumbled upon your blog here. It's been so long since we've seen you (long before Gavin came along). I just heard about the story this month from the family Christmas card. I'm so thankful that everything turned out okay and that you are all happy and healthy (other than this awful looking rash!) I'd love to get together some time if you have the time. My girls would LOVE to play with your kids, and I'd love to see you. Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! -
Lucie
OH MY GOSH is all i have to say. that IS the most hives i have ever seen!!! hope she is doing better. i can't stand having ONE mosquito bite so aliyah is my hero...happy new years...my goal is to see you lot's this next year!!
HOLY CRAP that is a lot of itching! Missed you at the cabin!
Post a Comment