Life is full of signs. Big signs, little signs, good signs, bad signs, traffic signs, trivial and important signs. I'm here today to fill you in on on that might help you out if you (unlike me) are paying attention.
If, one pleasant afternoon, you hand your child a pear and in 15 minutes she eats everything but the stem, that is a bad sign. Not only is it a bad sign, I now know that it falls into the very important, bad sign category.
If you (like me) are oblivious to this sign, you may find yourself merrily Sub-4-Santa shopping with family at a furniture store and unsuspectingly put your potty-training tyke into the "kids area" to play with her cousins. Moments later you will hear the tiny voice of a cousin yelling "Ewww, lots of poop!" And if your toddler has ADD like mine, she will not only have pooped in the play room, but done it while running circles around the toys!!!! After the fragrant effects of too much pear has cleared out the whole store, and you are done scrubbing out the carpet and disinfecting every toy, be prepared because your sign-ignorance punishment is not over.
You will return home, deposit your toddler on the nearest toilet, then head across the house to start the tub filling up. When you return, you will find your little angel has gone #2 again (in the toilet this time) and is happily using the toilet scrubber to fling the dirty water all over the bathroom. At this point, try very, very, hard not to strangle your toddler (or throw up). Clean up, sanitize, sanitize again, bathe your toddler, bathe yourself, and then eat as much icecream as you want, cause you deserve it! (and watch those signs next time!)
The family at the store
The unsuspecting mother having fun doing some shopping
My smiling little pooper

7 comments:
holy "crap"! that is one cute smiling little pooper.
wow, that is disgusting. i feel your pain. :)
Oh my heck Melissa! I think I would have been throwing up while trying to clean up! I'm so sorry you went through that, that sounds awful! You definatly deserved that icecream!
oh melissa..i will use that sign later!..and you little missy NEVER read your text messages. i leave tomorrow so if you don't get your address to me, NO christmas card for you. and you will be sorry..brian and i are both wearing red, furry, santa unmentionables.
behold my future...I really think you're going to hear from me when the kids come along because I can't imagine these things not happening to me.
That is so funny!
Especially the her flinging the poop everywhere! ha ha
I'm so glad that we both now have poop stories to tell!
Post a Comment