
Today I walked into an undisclosed credit union to make a deposit and use the bathroom. While seated upon the "loo" I noticed a set of keys on a very official looking key ring and Ding! I realized with an unexplainable thrill of excitement that these were THE keys. The keys that opened the money drawers, the keys that opened the lonely vault down the hall from the bathroom, possibly even the front door!
Then the gears really started to turn. Wow, if these keys were picked up by the wrong (or right) sort of person, how easy would it be to clean this place out? I could picture some average Joe in a ski mask unlocking the front door at midnight and clearing the place out, or coming in during normal business hours and making short work of the aforementioned lonely vault. Now I'm sure robbing a bank undetected would take a lot more than one set of keys, but still, the possibilities were thrilling.
Unfortunately, before I could get too carried away with my plans for a life of crime, the little Angel on my shoulder said matter-of-factly, "wow, it's a really good thing that you found them and not some other person, since you would never do anything like that....." Ugh. A conscience can be so annoying when you're trying to imagine the excitement of living on the edge.
You should have seen the color drain from the bank manager's face when I handed him the keys to his branch and said, "I found these in the bathroom." When he opened his mouth to thank me, I made a discreet but hasty retreat because it looked like he was about to throw up. I can't say I blame the guy. I'm sure he saw his career flash before his eyes as the possibilities of what could have happened started to register. He doesn't need to thank me, I would never have robbed his bank...... but mostly because it's MY money in there! So I guess I should thank myself, cause what I got aint much, but it's all I got! :)

5 comments:
Wow! I'm so glad your little angel is such a party pooper!
Hey, the next time you find a set of keys like that, give me a call instead of turning them in. I promise I won't tell anyone or post comments about it on your blog.
whenever i sit on the loo now i will look around for possible goodies :)
YOu just never cease to amaze me with your creative mind. What a hoot and a great laugh for all to see and read. Sometimes that little devil creeps out but of course the angel or the good in most of us takes over. But with your imagination I can just think where your mind can take you like a lavish trip or a house or something out of the question. Thanks for brightening my day everytime I read your blog.
Love Sister Lee
Exciting! (PS - "loo" refers to the entire bathroom, not just the toilet... I had one AMAZING visual image there for a while!) ;-)
Post a Comment