A little while back we invited our friends Santiago and Elizabeth to a 50's themed party some friends of ours were throwing. Everyone had a costume assignment consistent with 50's fasion and culture. I got to be a 50's beauty pageant contestant, Troy was a black Jazz musician (we didn't even bother trying to tackle the skin color conundrum :) ), Santiago was a Russian Rocket Scientist, and Elizabeth was a blonde bombshell housewife. As you are all aware I love dressing up and a 50's theme was soooo fun! I have always dreamed of throwing an era themed party and I swear someday I will! My hero is a friend's aunt who throws this over-the-top costume party every January (to break up the monotony). She has costumes made to fit each guest and goes all out decorating her house for the occasion. Themes range from medieval to mobster, and everyone has a blast! Wouldn't that be rad?! Holy cow, I don't think I've said "rad" for like 10 years. I guess this kind of stuff really brings out the kid in me! :)
Monday, December 1, 2008
50's Fashion and Fun
A little while back we invited our friends Santiago and Elizabeth to a 50's themed party some friends of ours were throwing. Everyone had a costume assignment consistent with 50's fasion and culture. I got to be a 50's beauty pageant contestant, Troy was a black Jazz musician (we didn't even bother trying to tackle the skin color conundrum :) ), Santiago was a Russian Rocket Scientist, and Elizabeth was a blonde bombshell housewife. As you are all aware I love dressing up and a 50's theme was soooo fun! I have always dreamed of throwing an era themed party and I swear someday I will! My hero is a friend's aunt who throws this over-the-top costume party every January (to break up the monotony). She has costumes made to fit each guest and goes all out decorating her house for the occasion. Themes range from medieval to mobster, and everyone has a blast! Wouldn't that be rad?! Holy cow, I don't think I've said "rad" for like 10 years. I guess this kind of stuff really brings out the kid in me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow... you look gorgeous! And your husbands hair... well... wow...
This does sound like fun... I think you have inspired me!
We had so much fun and you were totally amazing!
You do look like a beauty queen and well, what can I say about Troy. Totally rad dude! Love Bishop & Sister Lee
Vintage is SO AWESOME! (another phrase from the 80's...) I sewed myself a couple of 60's era dresses - because they're comfy and cute - and wear my old 60's apron over top. It screams "desperate housewife" all over it. I love it. Cheers to the good ol' days (that we never knew)!
Seriously sometimes I think I was born in the wrong Era! :) I LOVE all that vintage stuff!
Post a Comment