Saturday, April 4, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons.....Snuggle!

Poor little Gavin got some kind of flu bug this week. He has been puking and pooping nonstop for the last 2 days. He's pretty much the most miserable kid on the planet right now. Not to mention the fact that in 24 hours of puking, he lost the pound I fought for a month to pack on the skinny boy. Sheesh! So last night he was doing his best impersonation of a slug on the couch when for no reason whatsoever, Troy handed him a peeled lemon to chew on (??????). To my absolute amazement, he ate the WHOLE THING! When we tried to take the pulpy remnants from him, he would scream and cry. So Troy swapped out the juicy goo for an unpeeled lemon and Gavin cuddled with it for the rest of the night. He would totally break down if we tried to sneak it away from him! My only theory was that he was using it as an all-natural air freshener but beyond that, I'm stumped. Or maybe he's gotten in touch with his Latin side and was trying to cure himself with a little limon (said to cure everything from hepatitis to pink eye....) I think secretly I'm hoping his superstition will pay off :)

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

ADoRaBLe!!!

Jackie said...

What?! That's hilarious. Sometimes a guy just needs a lemon, you know what I mean?

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Well another extraoridinary episode with the Richardsons. That means that mommy has had a hard couple of days as well. We will pray for healing.

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Sorry did I tell you that we will be moving at the end of the month?

Kelli said...

Poor little guy! He always has it so rough. I hope he is back to his old self now. We missed you guys last Friday. Hopefully the nicer weather will bring healthier days for you guys!