Allow me to introduce you to at least a few of the many million reasons why I love my husband, and why life with the man I love will be an eternity of wild entertainment:
Troy found this little bike at DI for $3 and had to get it for Aliyah. He bought some training wheels and totally pimped it out Princess style for her. He spent hours cleaning and fixing it and woke her up early the next day to show it to her. She can't pedal it yet, but enjoys sitting on it while it is safely parked on the grass and admires the stickers on her "daddy bike" :)
Can you guess what is happening here? (The answer is not Painting)
The answer is Quarantine. This would be the result of Gavin getting the stomach flu, Aliyah getting Croupe and me arriving at the end of my rope trying to keep them apart so they wouldn't get each others sicknesses. Troy quickly analyzed the problem and went to work dividing our apartment into separate quarantine chambers. Brilliant! I laughed the whole time he put it up, but you know what? It worked! I love that Troy never wastes time complaining, he just looks for a solution and gets to work.
Like, for example the other night I looked up from the computer to see a cute little mouse literally tapping at our window to come in. Troy quickly rigged up a contraption using painters tape, a tupperware and the end of a broomstick to catch the mouse so he could show Aliyah before releasing it back into the wild. Needless to say, Dad is her constant Hero.
Have I mentioned he can cook?
And wow, can he cook (you 147th warders know this from activities we were in charge of)! The same day as our quarantine experience he disappeared into the kitchen for an hour or two and emerged with this mouthwatering Thai dish. His other specialties are Venezuelan arepas & empanadas, and cream cheese Chicken Rolls. Yum!
And to top it all off, he is a great teacher. Granted, I may want to wait a few more years (14 maybe....) before teaching Aliyah to drive, but this video goes to show that Troy can teach anyone to do just about anything. (watch the video until she makes the second loop around the driveway, it's so cute the way she watches her turn). Most of all, he loves me and cares for me and supports all my dreams and ambitions. I couldn't have married a better man

9 comments:
You guys and your adventures...you never cease to amaze me!
Hilarious! I LOVE the literal "bubble" that he put up in your house. And I'm so impressed by his pimping bikes Princess style- he did a fabulous job! And he is so patient with "driving"- even when she almost crashed into the car! So so much fun- what a perfect match for you Melissa!
You always have great stories! You two are so cute together. How are your kids doing? I still don't have a voice, so I'll call you when I get it back.
this is my favorite post by far. i totally thought troy was painting, and OH MY GOSH was cracking up when i read the real story. I have decided i miss you way TOOOOOOOOOOOO much!! i plan on coming down to utah lots this summer, just to see you. cuz you are the only person in utah i really want to see :) or you and the fam can come to idaho for a weekend!!! think about it!
Troy is the best. I'm sorry about sick kiddos. We've been dealing with that same sort of stuff here as well. Love the quarantine idea!
Also you could have stopped at "he can cook" A man who can cook is reason enough to fall in love! :)
Melissa, what a treat to have you express such sweet sentiments about Troy. He is the MAN!!! Bishop and I are buying a home in Cedar Hills and it should close around the first of May.Lots of work to do but we are looking forward to it. We are looking for a good family to lease our home and take gooooooood care of the yard and the house until the market comes back and we can sell. I am so sorry you have had so much sickness.
I love that you chose to marry Troy! (considering all the other options...) I'm so happy that you are so happy and I miss you so much. I wish I had you closer now that I need mommy mentors!
Yay for great husbands! And it looks as though the evidence shows that Troy is one! :)
That is hilarious!
Post a Comment