Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Morning Post

This morning, unable to attend church and quarantined to my room (guess who caught the swine flu on our cruise? Yep you guessed it.) I took to perusing religious videos online to make up for missed sunday school lessons. I found these short video clips on the church website and Youtube and just had to post them here. They really touched my heart and I think they will be a great reminder of the spirit of the messages felt at conference. Here are a few of my favorites:




8 comments:

Lana said...

So sad for you to be so ill right now... wishing you a speedy recovery!

jen and michael said...

wow! That's not fun to be sick!

Now here are a few answers for you...first, we stole the glazed pineapple recipe from Good Eats on the Food Network (which we highly recommend) but the recipe can be found here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/vanilla-lime-pineapple-skewers-recipe/index.html
sorry I don't know how to link it in a comment. We didn't use all of the fancy stuff like a vanilla bean or even dark brown sugar and it still turned out delicious!

And second about your little brother. I don't know any websites off hand, but the most important things to know going in would be:
integers (-8) + 14
fractions
multiplication tables (be able to know 8 times 7 without counting anything)
and how to long divide...without a calculator because it will just help

I am asking my math department what kind of websites are out there or if they know of good ones. I will let you know what I find out!

Kimbur said...

Do you oink when you vomit? I heard that the cure for the swine flu is oink-ment. Just kidding Melissa, I'm so sorry that you are sick. I hope you get feeling better soon!

The Richardsons said...

Kimbur- you crack me up (and yes, I snort when I laugh...)

mindy said...

Thank you for posting those videos, I really enjoyed them!
I really hope you get feeling better soon!

Mrs. Haynie said...

you would get swine flu, melissa :)

The Richardsons said...

I know! It is sooo me to take a vacation and bring home the world's most popular virus.

Cheryl and William said...

That is out of control that you got swine flu!! At least it hasn't been as bad as originally thought- but you are definitely famous now