Friday, November 27, 2009

In Memory of John Jones



For all who knew John and did not hear the news of his tragic death, he died this weekend while cave-diving in the Nutty-Putty Caves. John and Emily were in our Provo ward, and our hearts and love go out to Emily (who is pregnant) and their daughter Lizzy. My heart breaks for her as I think of what she must be experiencing having just lost her sweetheart on Thanksgiving day. She is, as always, a light and example of faith, as you can read on her blog here at http://emsandjohn.blogspot.com/. For all who knew John and can attend his Memorial Service tomorrow (Saturday the 28th) the address is:

417 Benson Rd. Stansbury Park, UT 84074.

3 comments:

janaya said...

if you get the opportunity, will you please give emily an extra hug from the ramptons. we are just so heartbroken.

Lizzie said...

It's amazing how people you don't even know can affect your life and make you stop and be just a little more grateful for the people we love. The link to their blog didnt work - I would love to check it out if you have a chance to send it to me.

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

I was so touched by this tragedy. Now to know you know them even makes it more personal. I will pray always for his sweetheart. She has a long hard road ahead but I am sure she is surrounded by many loving people