Wednesday, March 24, 2010

As Long as We Both Shall Live?

Troy is currently in the market for a Revolver. He has been wanting one since we got married, and the bug has really got him now that we have two wee ones and camping season is once again upon us (or so he says.....). He is hoping to purchase an old family heirloom from the family friend it was sold to, but this revolver is a beast, a far cry from the short-barrel ones on the market today. He was going over the pros and cons with me (while I lovingly pretended to be interested) and we had the following conversation:

Troy: So the Ruger is easier to aim without a laser, but the Smith & Wesson has a laser grip attachment.
Me: Oh yeah?
Troy: Well that can make a big difference when a bear is coming at you and you don't have time to try and aim...... the laser would be nice.....
Me: Well the good news for me is that since I've been running lately, I'm pretty sure I could outrun you if you miss.
Troy: Hmmm, Not if I shoot you........

Seriously, I was taken so off-guard that I laughed until my face and sides hurt. That's what I get for marrying a man with such a practical brain. I guess I better start watching my back...

4 comments:

Kimbur said...

that sounds like a conversation we have at our house. he goes on an pretend to care, and vice versa. isn't marriage grand:)

Mrs. Haynie said...

oh the many conversations i have had with brian that sound EXACTLY like that. its quite freaky actually.

jen and michael said...

I can totally picture this conversation!

remington and mindy said...

hahahaha!!! Love it!