Last night was our first time attending Provo Library's annual Fairy Tea Party. It was so much fun, that if I had known what I was missing, I would have started attending before I had a 3 year old excuse to bring along. I spent the earlier part of the day sewing Aliyah a "spring fairy" costume complete with hairpiece, wings, and purple eyelashes. She was soooo excited, it sounded like I was accompanying a miniature tap-dancer as we walked down the hall to the reception area. We turned the corner, and *Gasp!* there stood the loveliest pink fairy, flanked by two 10 foot dancing fairy statues. She smiled at Aliyah and said excitedly, "I'm so glad you made it! We've been waiting for you!" Then she leaned down and whispered conspiratorialy in her ear "You're a REAL fairy, aren't you? I can always tell the real ones." Aliyah's eyes got as big as silver dollars and she she nodded solemnly that yes, she was indeed a real fairy. Once in the grand ballroom (decorated with draping tule and lights) The fairy king appeared to welcome the royal fairy court, after which a ballet was performed. After drinks and refreshments, there was a Fairy Promenade and all the little fairies got to do a twirl on the stage. Another beautiful pink fairy played harp music, and we danced and pranced until the not-so-magical cleaning crew kicked us out. It was a spectacular evening, and all the better for spending it with a 3 year old who really and truly believed that for one evening, she really was a fairy.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
you might just have the prettiest little girl i've ever seen!!
How precious! I love little girls, they are so fun.
Looks like such a fun time!
i swear she gets more cute everyday! she was the hit of the baby shower. seriously. everyone kept asking about her and commenting how cute she was. and later i was telling brian i was so sad he missed seeing you too because aliyah was so cute!
it was so good to see you and im so glad you came! wish we could have talked more. we for sure have to set something up soon to see each other again. or you guys can come visit this summer one weekend after the baby comes. yes! let's do it!
Georgous! I love her fairy costume! You are so talented.
She looks beautiful! Great job!
Absolutely adorable!! you are such a darling mommy as well
She's soo beautiful (I'm sure you hear that all the time)! And you did a beautiful job on her costume! Wow!
Post a Comment