Monday, May 17, 2010

Everyday Miracles

When Spring decides to periodically grace us with her presence, the kids and I do our best to be out doors every glorious minute.  Living in the arctic nook we do, we very often run into weather such as this.... but more and more frequently we are ending our days smelling like sweat, dirt, and green grass (my favorite perfume!).  But last week amidst the usual splendor of watching life wake up from a very persistent winter, we caught two of the most breathtaking little miracles! 

This little guy was in his nest up in my parents pine tree in their backyard, and with the help of a very tall ladder, I peeked in and all most fell off the ladder in my excitement.  A newly hatched little worm-of-a-bird was waiting for his brother to hatch and his mom to bring him dinner.  I have never seen a brand new baby bird so close up before and it was amazing!

Then the next day Troy called me on the phone and told me to go outside and look up into the sky to see the "rainbow cloud."  I was very confused until I saw it, and would you believe it?  It was an actual rainbow cloud!  I have never seen anything like it before, it was like a shimmering mist of rainbow hanging over us, and it was beautiful!  Well at any rate I am taking it as a good omen that spring is here, and the Lord is promising not to inundate us with any more snow until next winter (but as I'd rather not be excommunicated for false prophesying, please don't quote me on that... :)  )

3 comments:

heather said...

Both of those are so amazing! I'm so glad you caught them on camera!

Angi.Mima said...

How exciting!

Amyann6 said...

LOVE the pics! Thanks for sharing! Wow!