Thursday, January 20, 2011

Second Annual Black & White Party

A year ago monday, Angie invited us over for Black & White bean chilli she had made in honor of Dr. King, and to welcome her new goldfish, christened "The King" because she had bought him on MLK day.  Being the goofy bunch we are, Troy, the kids, Troy's mom and I all showed up on their doorstep in mis-matched black and white clothing blasting "It doesn't matter if you're black or white" and dancing our hearts out. 
Thus was born the Annual Black & White Party.
 I've always been a huge fan of the esteemed Dr. and can't thank Angie enough for providing a fun way to celebrate his legacy with my family.  I am so thankful to live in a country where my children are free to dream, restrained in success only by their willingness to work!  And I am especially grateful for the men and women past and present who fight so hard to keep our children's dreams alive.

This year for the party, I made newspaper wigs for my family, and Troy's dad and his family joined us at Angie's. we played silly games, ate black and white food, and had a wonderful time!Thanks Angie!
Miss A. checkin' out her new 'do

Dont really know what to call Gavin's style-
But doesn't he look cute?!

Me sporting a little 40's throwback

Of COURSE he wanted a Mullet.
Of course he did.

Another fine wardrobe choice



What's a party without a
marshmallow eating contest?
Especially when it turns into a
marshmallow-throwing contest.
which it did.


5 comments:

Jackie said...

What a great idea! You Richardsons/Munnerlyns are geniuses.

Lizzie said...

How fun is that! We thought about eating some fried chicken but that's as far as our creativity went. The wigs turned out so great!

PixieGirl said...

What a fun tradition...how on earth did you make the newspaper wigs? Is there no end to your many talents???

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Melissa You are an amazing woman and one of the most creative that I have ever seen... those wigs are out of this world..Keep up the good work..your kids have a wonderful family life ahead and behind them.

Loni said...

Hey Melissa,
I don't know if you remember me or not...I was in your married student ward (BYU 147th). I have a little girl (Elise) that is Aliyah's age. Anyway, I recently had twins that were moderately premature. I know that Gavin was extremely premature and I was wondering if I could pick your brain about what to expect growth and developmentally with preemies. Please feel free to email me at loniwaggener@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Loni