Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick.....Again

This is seriously the 3rd or 4th time the kids and I have gotten seriously ill this winter.  Seeeriously, if I have to be stuck in this basement with sick kids, sick self, and no car for another straight week this winter I am going to go insane. 
Can't you just hear Heavenly Father chuckling right now, like "Insane? Really?  Hmm, well if one more week is all it takes...." 
I'm doomed. 
Really, we've done pretty well so far, kept busy as energy levels would allow and managed to have some fun.  Amidst fevers, coughs, snot, aches, and everything else unpleasant, we managed to:
Make some messes
And clean them up

Bake amazing Whole Wheat Apple Date Muffins

Get ourselves dressed
Sort of....

Make a few angels


Hunt dinosaurs

  


Bake some delicious bread


Find an indoor solution for
burning energy





 Really though, one more week of fabricated entertainment will do me in.  I need a rest.  Or a vacation.  Or summer.  Yes please.


2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Oh Melis I am so sorry! I think we are to the point in the winter where everyone has the winter blues. Let's plan to get together after our trip maybe we could load up the car seats and take the kids somewhere.

Tiffany said...

First of all, I would love your whole wheat apple date muffin recipe. Secondly, WOW! I can't believe you managed to do all of that, take pictures, and even blog about it when sick! (Even after being sick...I don't care!) You are one strong woman Melissa...but already know that. :)