Sunday, March 20, 2011

No Joke

What kind of suit makes some people smile, and others frown? 

A LAW-Suit!

Yeah, yeah, there are reasons I’m not a career comedian.  I know. 

Jokes aside, we found out last week that we are being sued.  The previous owner of our home is under the impression he still had rights to the house when the bank sold it to us.  Hot dang. 

One week later, we’ve been provided legal counsel by our title insurance company, and are getting ready for the battle ahead.  We don’t really know what to expect, but after all the work that Troy’s put into this house, we had BETTER win.  It’s so convenient that the language of the suit includes “any gains or interests” to the property since it was taken by the bank. 

Troy says that if we win, we are going to counter-sue the guy for emotional distress and all the ugly wood paneling he put in every room of the house.  I totally agree! 

In the mean time, here are some pics of the improvements Troy has made to “our” new home:

Kitchen Before:

P1110114

P1110117P1110119

Family Room Before:

P1110129

Upstairs Bathroom Before:

P1110131P1110132

Master bedroom Before:

P1110140P1110142

Demolition!

The family room, kitchen and bathroom all were taken down to studs, had the electrical rewired, and took the floors down to joists, replaced the sub-floor and scraped the ceilings.  New windows were put in the entire house.

Kitchen

P1120057P1110354

Family Room:

P1110290P1110360P1110466

Bathroom:

P1110296P1110356P1110462

Bedroom: 

In this pic below Troy is expanding our master closet into a walk-in closet.  Further down, the kids help with demo on the wall where our bedroom sliding-glass door will go.

P1110461P1110358P1110298P1120071P1120074

Current Status:

Kitchen

IMG_4431IMG_4434IMG_4430

Family room:

IMG_4103IMG_4090

Bathroom:

IMG_4417IMG_4426

Master Bedroom:

IMG_4095IMG_4094

IMG_4102

7 comments:

heather said...

WHAT?! That is so absurd. You better win. And the improvements are looking great! I can't believe all that you've done and the progress that's been made. You guys rock! Hopefully the judge will recognize that. Keep us posted!

Kelli said...

I can't believe it! People are crazy! Tell Troy the house is looking awesome and keep taking pictures, especially with those cute kids in them. You can use them in court. It will make the judges heart melt in your favor.:)

Nicole said...

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! You'll win, there is no way that someone can get away with that. I agree with Troy's statement, I've never seen so much wood paneling in one house in my life. Good luck!

whitney said...

ummm... that's complete craziness. wouldn't that mean he should be suing the bank? how can someone be suing you for a house you rightfully bought?!!! what the freak?!! i'm sure it will all work out. we'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Cormorant said...

Seriously!? How ridiculous. Good luck--I'm sure you have some work ahead of you. He has no case though, so hopefully it will resolve quickly!

Cheryl and William said...

:-( Yuck- what a bummer for you guys. I am impressed with Troy's remodeling skills- you have already done so much already that I agree with you both that it could go in your favor :-)

Jared and Jessica said...

Wow! What a lot of work and what a great job!!! You guys better win or else my mom is Colombian, she may know some people! Haha!