Gavin must have sensed that Parenting with Love and Logic was the source of all my parenting powers. He must have secretly seen me pouring over its pages of wisdom. Apparently, he didn't like that it has given me the upper hand, because the other day I found my book completely skinned and buried under the bed.
It's a really good thing he's as cute as he is....
Really though, my kids are great kids. They are loving, generous, and so fun to be around. We have so much fun together.
Of course we have hard days and easier days.
The harder days usually show up on the blog because I take the good days for granted. But what I don't always post are the days when I catch my kids being the very best versions of themselves, the little people I hope and pray they will continue to be
as they grow.
These are the days when I catch them....
Having scripture and prayer together, or reading scriptures on their own and scribbling in scripture journals…
Folding my laundry…
Loving each other…
And while there will always be the days when they…
try to escape (she built a tower to get the key to unlock the door)…
Unload the bathroom drawers into a full sink…
Help themselves to the sugar in the pantry…
I will always love them for their creativity, determination, and enthusiasm for life. We are in for one fun ride.

2 comments:
Wow, you have a lot of "fun" at your house...I love that you captured all the beautiful messes of childhood! too cute
I have been doing some much need blog catch up with friends. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your family. Gavin and Aliyah are both very cute and look like they have a lot of energy.
Post a Comment