This weekend we were having some much-needed play time (mom’s too) at the Wight’s, and the girls had spent most of their time playing “Tangled.” This princess make-believe was adorable to watch, until… they got to the part where Eugene makes a very rash decision regarding Rapunzel’s hair….
Jayanne: Girls? Why did I just find scissors in the bathroom?
Girls: (as they scurry away) I don’t know!
Ten minutes later the girls come to join us in the room where we’re chatting….
Jayanne: Melissa… Is Aliyah’s hair shorter on that side? (pointing to the right side of her head)
Me: Ummm, I don’t kno…. Oh. Yep.
Luckily, “Eugene” only got through a small chunk of hair before both girls decided to scrap the re-enactment and flush the evidence (where do kids learn to be so sneaky??!!) .
We made a late-night hair appointment with Troy’s cousin Mindy and things were spiffy in no time. We even added a fashionable pink feather extension for kicks.
Aliyah could not have been more excited about her haircut “Mom! Now my hair looks just like Jayci’s!!!!” and she doesn’t miss her long hair one bit. Hopefully, Rapunzel has had her last haircut. Realistically though, I’m not holding my breath…

3 comments:
Who knew Tangled could be a bad influence! But it ended with an adorable haircut... so maybe it wasn't so bad?
I have worried about Chloe cutting her hair, but since seeing "Tangled", I think Chloe is trying to grow it as long as hers (good-luck).
Aliyah looks so darling with her new haircut!
Can't wait to see you soon!
Ahhh, the ever dreaded child's hair cut. Thank goodness it wasn't too short. It turned out cute, and she sure is pleased.
Post a Comment