Ever since I married Troy I have heard stories told of Joanna’s pasta parties. Troy and Angie would go on and on about how delicious her homemade pasta was and how fun it was to make. Well, for the first time in 10 years, I got to experience the deliciousness for myself.
For J’s birthday we celebrated with a Sunday night pasta party. Angie and I were in charge of bringing sauces, and Joanna provided the dough. Angie made mouth-watering Alfredo sauces, one garlic, the other lemon, and I made a meat and vegetable Bolonaise.
Rolling our own spaghetti and fettuccini was such a blast. Aliyah really got into it and did most of the handle cranking herself. By the time we all settled in to eat we were starving and practically drooling over our plates. The meal was perfect, the pasta more delicious than I could have imagined fresh pasta would be, and the salad, garlic bread and strawberry lemonade the perfect accents to the meal.
I am so grateful for the families that I have married into. I love their unique traditions and the opportunity I have to learn new things. Thanks Grandma Jo for a beautiful evening!

1 comment:
that does look good.
Post a Comment