Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Fairy Happy Birthday to You!

P1150240

Aliyah's birthday was this last week, and let me tell you, I was so reluctant to allow my baby girl to turn 5.  Five years old means school, and school means I have to let my little princess out from under my very protective wings.  Sigh.  There's just no stopping time, is there?  Today she's turning five, tomorrow she's driving. 

So in honor of this momentous occasion, we threw a magical fairy birthday party.  As the girls came in the door, they got to choose their wings (which I had made from poster board and tissue paper), decorate their wings, put on fairy makeup, curl their hair, and get dusted in glitter from head to toe.  Aliyah’s older neighborhood friends and babysitters come over to be fairy “beauticians” for the little girls, and everyone had a great time.

P1150109P1150113P1150117P1150118

After beauty hour, we went outside for the tea party.  My friend Sheila Nielson came by to read the little girls a story about fairies.  Sheila is a very talented artist and author, and pretty much an expert on all things magical.  She read the girls a story called Dear Fairies, with real miniature letters from fairies hidden throughout the book.  Aliyah loved being the special helper who got to open the letters for Sheila to read. 

P1150155P1150167

P1150124P1150128P1150135P1150137P1150142P1150148P1150162

After the story, we had our tea party and presents.  When all the unwrapping was finished, the girls fluttered and spun to princess music until their parents came to pick them up.  Heavenly Father sent the biggest gift of all, which was a bright pink and purple sunset in honor of our girlie party. 

P1150169P1150195

P1150180P1150182

P1150185P1150187

P1150191

P1150213P1150218P1150223P1150244P1150249P1150250P1150252P1150255P1150264P1150268P1150276P1150277P1150283P1150299P1150294P1150314P1150203

Well, happy birthday little girl.  I hope your big day was magical, and that no matter how big you get, you never lose your imagination.  Love you!

2 comments:

Cormorant said...

So fun! I love the idea of having them decorate their own wings. I'm sure she had a wonderful bday!

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

what a fabulous mommy you are and that party was fabulous as well.. are you in your new home?