Thursday, September 15, 2011

School Days

P1150511

Well, it’s official.  Aliyah has embarked on an intellectual journey that will last at least the next 16 years of her life.  Thanks to her Preschool teacher Mrs. Suzee, she is well prepared and excited to learn. 

P1150506Both of us got a little teary-eyed, but I am proud to report that neither of us cried or threw a tantrum or refused to let go of each other.  I’d say we handled it pretty well.  It helped that she had such a loving send-off, with Dad, Gavin, Grandma Laurie and Aunt Linda there to cheer her on.  Grandma Carolyn couldn’t be there, but provided the fashion for the occasion and was there in spirit.  P1150512

P1150514P1150510

Because Troy is home from work all day on Fridays, I have the chance to volunteer in Aliyah’s class every week.  I love spending time with the kids and getting to see how Aliyah behaves herself for her teacher.  So far, so good.  I can’t wait to see all the wonderful things she will learn, the people she will meet, and how we will handle the good and the bad along our way.  I guess learning is a journey that, once embarked upon, never ends.P1150508P1150518

4 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

oh she is so cute! and i can't believe you have a child old enough to go to school?! seriously. and way to go for not crying...i just think about swede going to school some day and i start tearing up. im in trouble :)

Tiffany said...

Seriously - she is such a beautiful girl! And..so awesome that you get to volunteer in her classroom Melissa!

The Pagets in Florida said...

These kind of posts make me feel like at least other kids are growing up too. Not just mine. Thanks.

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

It hardly seems possible to see your take off for school.. I remember all the kids in the BYU ward entertaining her in Sacrament meeting and class.. she is sure a beauty and she has some real smarts going on.. I can't wait to read about her journey