Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tuacahan , Grammy & Great-Grandpa Don

This October Aliyah, Gavin and I took a little trip down to St. George with Grandma Laurie to visit Great-Grandpa Don and Grammy.  We had such a good time, and it was wonderful to see Aliyah and Gavin have such a good time with the grandparents I love so much. 
The only down side of the trip was that I had just barely found out I was pregnant, and was soooo sick!  I tried to hide it for the first few days, but finally I had to tell Grandma Laurie.  She was so excited, and so mad I hadn’t told her sooner. 
We hiked Zions, hiked Snow canyon, went to a movie, ate out at a few restaurants, and most important of all, went to the Tuacahan to see The Little Mermaid.  The performance was spectacular and Grandpa got us the best seats ever with his special connections.  We were on the second row!  The backdrop was a gigantic curtain of water that they projected images onto, and throughout the show bubbles would start floating out of machines at the front of the stage.  It was truly magical. Well, for everyone except Gavin.
Halfway through the show he wanted to go home.  I asked “Don’t you like this show and all the cool stuff?” He said he did.  I asked if he didn’t want to find out what would happen to the Little Mermaid.  He said “Yeah, but, why do they got to sing about it?”  Such a boy!
At the end of our trip we were sad to go, we had such a great time. Hopefully though we will be back next October for another visit!P1150637P1150638
Aliyah was so excited for the show to start!
P1150639
Gavin and Flounder
P1150641P1150643P1150642
Ariel was just as beautiful in person as on the stage.
P1150668P1150669P1150691
Breakfast with Grammy and Grandpa Don
P1150693P1150695P1150696
The pumpkin under Gavin’s head was my favorite toy at Grammy and Grandpa’s when I was growing up.  It was my “Huggy-Pumpkin” and Gavin loved it just as much as I did!
P1150699P1150700P1150701P1150702P1150703P1150705P1150706P1150707

No comments: