Baby Richardson
Born June 8, 2012
3:37 pm
8 lbs, 8 oz. 19.25 inches long
Four months ago when we took the kids with us to our ultrasound appointment and found out we were having a boy, we asked them what his name should be. Without hesitation, Gavin answered "Mountain Boy." We asked why, and he said "So when we want to go camping, we can say 'let's go to the mountains, Mountain Boy!" Well, the nickname stuck for the last 4 months, and while his real name continues to elude us, our little Mountain Boy has finally joined the family!Delivery Summary:
Well, my water had broken, and I used the 4 hour window before mandatory check-in to put the house in order and be ready to go. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were steady and close together and we were ready! I'd been having false labor on and off for a couple of weeks, so the beginning part was pretty much more of the same. Once things got more intense, we buckled down, and Troy was amazing, rubbing my back and staying right by my side every second.
My contractions were very long and very hard, and the midwife was perplexed as to why the kid hadn't popped out already. Turns out his head was a little hung up on my cervix (which wouldn't dilate past an 8) and once she slipped the cervix over his head on the next contraction, things got underway quickly. Not a fun experience, but it had to be done.
At this point the midwife let Troy take over the delivery, and I put my focus to the test. Troy and I make a great team, and in 4 more pushes, Mountain Boy was out and screaming away.
Current Update:
Mountain Boy is fighting off a little infection, and his breathing is still rapid so he is a temporary resident of the NICU for a few days. Talk about bringing back memories. We hope to have him home by Monday, but may have to wait longer if the infection doesn't respond to the antibiotics. We've got our fingers crossed for our little Mountain Boy!

2 comments:
Congrats! I am so happy for your darling family. I wish I was closer so I could come and see you and bring you yummy treats. :)
BTW, our next little one is expected right before Christmas! And I had a dream about you the other night and it made me miss you soooooo much, not that I didn't already!
Love ya! Hugs for the whole fam!
I love him. Congratulations! Can't wait to meet him.
He's in my thoughts to get out of that NICU ASAP!
Post a Comment