Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer fun at the Cabin

Only two months into summer, and we’ve already made up for two years of not going to the cabin.  It is easy to forget how lucky we are to have a place to go in the middle of such beautiful surroundings.  With the new deck installed, and a new area expanded for the sky chairs, it’s the perfect place to sit and relax.  Hawks circle overhead, deer peek in and out of the forest, and squirrels forage for food.  The stockpile of chocolate creamies in the freezer is the cherry on top.

Of course one of the things that makes a beautiful place enjoyable is the people you choose to share it with.  We’ve had so much fun with the Butterfields, Michaleks and Wights, especially now that our kids are old enough to enjoy the cabin as much as we do.

P1170376

Ted making breakfast for the kids

P1170379P1170380

Cute crazy people.  I wonder where the kids get it from?

P1170385P1180199P1180200

Cobi and Calvin Wight were such great “big brothers” to Logan.

P1180202

A signature Cobi Wight creation.  That boy is going to be an architect or an engineer someday.

P1180203P1180204

The kids have their own way of “relaxing” in the sky chairs.

252599_10151026242997148_494393838_nP1170928

The kids had a blast going for their adventure walk, and Aliyah made a new friend!

P1170915P1170918P1170919P1170920P1170923P1170924

P1170930P1170932

We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place, surrounded by such wonderful people and to have a family kind enough to let us enjoy both in such a great cabin.

2 comments:

danielandjamietervort said...

Seriously, I always forget we have the cabin to go to. Such a beautiful place! I haven't even seen the new deck yet. Looks so nice! You have cute kiddos. I loved meeting Logan yesterday!

Allie said...

Yea! I love the pics!
MISS YOU GUYS!!!!