Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Getting Ready for Halloween

The other day I got ready to take Aliyah to the local pumpkin patch for our annual Halloween Costume photo shoot. I kept telling her that she was going to wear her costume, and she must have gotten a little over excited because she decided to get ready without me and make sure to express her darker side. She found my brothers black eye-liner for football and went to work.

It took a while to make her presentable again, but by the time we were ready, she was the cutest little chick in the whole pumpkin patch. Pumpkin shoppers and staff members alike toured the patch with us, trying to help make Aliyah smile for her pictures. One guy even volunteered his dog to keep her entertained. Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't be encouraging her to smile at strange men with dogs. My bad. I'll have to post some video later, because seriously you have to see her waddle in this thing!

P.S. For those of you wondering why this last picture is sideways, it is because my stupid computer wouldn't acknowledge that I had rotated it. So despite 15 attempts to fix it, frustration has set in and a sideways picture is good enough for me!

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

So cute! Even cuter then I imagined from your description. I can't wait to see your chicity costume!

The Pagets in Florida said...

Why do we always dress our kids in animal costumes? Michael has been a cow, a lion, and now a giraffe. I guess we left the barnyard and went on safari.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! they only do funny things like that while they're little, so enjoy it! When else can you laugh about getting black stuff everywhere like that? She looks so cute!