Friday, October 19, 2007

Midnight Acrobatics

It's 4:00 a.m.
The sound of Aliyah's very tired cry drags me from a deep sleep.
I roll over, hoping she'll go back to sleep before I'm too awake.
THUD
The sound is quickly followed by Aliyah's pain cry coming from a new direction
Flying out of bed, I open her door to find her....
Sitting on the floor beside her crib, with a very stunned look on her face.
A look that says "Mom, I'm as surprised as you, so don't get mad ok?"
I cuddle her for a moment to dry the tears,
Then, not daring to put her back in her crib, set up her baby tent.
I lay her inside, kiss her goodnight, and zip up the mesh door flap.
As I lay in bed drifting back to sleep, my eyes suddenly pop back open.
I just remembered that the last time I put Aliyah in her tent,
She figured out how unzip the door from the inside....

1 comment:

The Pagets in Florida said...

We so feel your pain. It is all about the mattress on the floor. 6 inches to the floor is so much better. We are just waiting on Isaac to take his turn.