Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crossing our Fingers

This is mostly to update everybody on Gavin, so it wont be long :) Gavin is doing SO good! After everything that happened last week, he is bouncing back better than anyone even thought possible, and we are crossing our fingers that things will stay that way. Saturday night they took him off of the ventilator and instead of putting him on the nasal c-pap (more or less a miniature sleep apnea type setup) and put him straight on a nasal cannula (the little under-the-nose tube thing you usually see people with). That is a huge step, since the next step after that is for him to be completely off respiratory assistance. They have upped his feedings and he is gaining weight. He now weighs in at 2 lbs 6 oz and is looking more like a real baby and less like ET every day :) They even have him bundled up in a blanket now and he looks so much more comfortable that way! As soon as Aliyah is not contagious anymore and Troy is over his sickness, we get to hold him!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

5 comments:

HaLaine said...

Holy Miracle Baby Batman! Someday we'd love to go see him with you...I love hearing the good news!

M said...

Thanks for the update! but wait- you haven't been able to hold him? I'm dying for you. We love you! Hooray for Gavin!

MossWorld said...

Hi Guys,
So glad things are better this week. We love you and think about you everyday! Grow Gavin, Grow! Evan and Heather

Anonymous said...

Great, great news. I love reading the updates. How long was he when he was born and now. I can't wait to hear about when you get to hold him. Love all of you! Aunt Linda

j nordfors said...

You don't know me, but I feel like I know you guys. I found your blog through a friend, and I've been keeping up to date on Gavin. We are so glad he's doing better. We have a son who was born at 30 weeks, 3lbs. Even though it's been a year and a half, your story still makes my heart ache. I remember all too well those ups and downs. Someday you guys will look back and you will be amazed at how you did it! We belive in our family that these babies born under these circumstances, have something amazing to do in this life. My husband and I are praying for your family.