Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In Other News...


For those of you who might be wondering, we do still have a daughter named Aliyah. :) She has been such a trooper through this whole thing, spending two weeks living with her Aunt Tresa and Grandmas Laurie and Carolyn. It was so hard to be away from her for such a long time and I am just eating up her hugs and kisses now that she is home.
In other good news, we got our new car yesterday!!!! Troy spent weeks (literally!) looking for the best deal on a car that would suit our needs and he got a killer deal on this Chevy Malibu Maxx. He is the hero for doing such an AWESOME job! My favorite feature? Remote start. Oh yeah. No more sitting in a freezing cold car waiting for the engine to heat up! Hooray!
Gavin Update: Well, it's not quite the good news we had been hoping for today. It looks like Gavin has pneumonia (NICU babies rarely avoid it, it's very common) but the new concern is that they found Ecoli in his blood. I guess there is an antibiotic that treats ecoli specifically, so it should be taken care of quickly, but as with everything it is impossible to tell how it will affect his body. Hopefully there will be better news soon :)

6 comments:

randivon said...

I love the Malibu Maxx and I love Aliyah's pigtails... she is getting so big! I am still praying for you all every night and am waiting for the day when Gavin is ready to go home!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking how much I wish I had remote start just this morning. That is so awesome! Congrats on such a nice car.

How does a baby get ecoli? I thought you got that from bad chicken? We can't wait to see him again!

HaLaine said...

Ditto on the ecoli...yikes. Aliyah is such a cutie, and we still would like to come visit you guys and/or see little Gavin sometime. So let us know when you're feeling up to it!

Brock said...

New Car Tip: Don't let Troy drive it. Ever!

----
We check your blog everyday. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on how your family is doing.
Take care.

Darbee said...

Melissa, could you be any more thoughtful?! You don't need to worry about me, especially with all your own struggles going on right now. But thank you for your kindness and concern. Your mom probably told you by now, but I think our little guy (or gal) is going to be okay. Thanks for thinking of me. You are AMAZING! I don't know how you do it...stay so strong, and selfless in a time like this. I just admire you so much! I am SO sorry to hear about Gavin. That is so scarey! Please let us know if there is anything we can do! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Love, Darbee

The Richardsons said...

In response to the chicken inquiry- I guess everyone has ecoli in their gastrointestinal tract (thats "guts" to all us non-medical folk)so it can be passed from human to human but we still don't know exactly how.