Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Hurry Up and Wait
That's what we're doing this week. This past weekend, Gavin's doctor decided to try and expedite his checkout process to get him home by Tuesday (today). Things were going swimmingly for Gavin but Troy and I were struggling to keep our heads above water getting everything ready and just right for him to come home. Who knew we still had so much to do?! We had moved into the second to last phase before coming home when Gavin decided he'd had enough. All the back-to-back feedings had really pooped him out and he finally put his foot down about all this rushing around to get him out of the NICU. He decided to set his own pace regardless of what everyone else thought, and he's sticking to it. So, until our little man lets us know otherwise, we are back on the original schedule for him to come home sometime next week. Maybe he could sense that all the fantastic stuff he got from the shower this weekend (Thank you everybody!!!!) still hadn't found a home in our apartment and wanted to make sure things were in tip-top shape before gracing us with his permanent presence :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm glad you have a little more time but we are so excited for him to be at home so we can see his cute little face more often!
Take care of yourself and get some R & R during these last few days that you can.
i'm glad you have a little more time... as much as we all want gavin home with you, i think we also know that rushing it isn't always all it's cracked up to be. :) we're here if you need us for anything at all!
HOW EXCITING!!! What a great day it will be! However, like others have already said, get as much rest as possible! I am so happy for you guys. Remember how I owe you BIG time for being such a FlAkE last week? Let me know what you need and I am at your service... Im SeRiOUs! I haven't seen Aliyah in a while... let's work on that!!
WEll, I think it is best that you feel calm and collected when the little one arrives home as you will be home for a while when he does arrive. Don't wear yourself out too much because you will need all the strength you can get once he comes home. We wish you well with all the readying.
Love Bishop & Sister Lee
hey, you don't know me, but a friend told me about Gavin, and I'm going through the EXACT same thing right now! What a blessing to have these lil' miracle babies!!!! I wish Gavin the best! And pray that he'll develop as he should!!! God bless!
the Pages
and baby Ryder : )
Wow! I have been a terrible blogger, but am so surprised...and EXCITED that you are SO close to getting baby Gavin home! And the latest pictures of him are BEAUTIFUL! He looks so wonderful...and happy...and big! I am so excited for you and your little family! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help get ready for his big arrival! Good Luck!
you guys have almost made it! that's so exciting that you're so close to bringing him home. that picture of gavin with the teddy bear is like the cutest thing i have ever seen... he is so darling. we love you and we're always thinking about you guys!
Post a Comment