Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane

As you have probably all guessed, we passed our last test, and Gavin was able to come home as planned on Monday. We packed our car full of the gear we had acquired during our 2 1/2 month stay and added to it all the oxygen and monitor equipment we would need to keep Gavin safe at home. We got in the car and I remembered the night we drove home 3 days after giving birth to Gavin. It was so horrible having already been through so much and leaving empty-handed, not knowing if I would ever walk back through those doors with a baby in my arms. But the Lord has blessed us so amazingly, and we truly don't deserve to have his precious little spirit in our home, and are grateful that the Lord is gracious enough to give us more than we deserve! :) So in honor of this momentous occasion, let us take a stroll down memory lane.....





















Here's our man a few hours after he was born










Graduated to the hideous Nasal C-pap-
Our son the Elephant Boy










On to the Nasal Canula, and lookin good!
He was already one month old and had
grown a ton, but still so tiny!











I think we brought home the
whole unit!














Together at last!










On the road!

10 comments:

Mike and Nicole said...

Congratulations! We are very excited for you. He looks great!

janaya said...

i love the family picture! :) and he looks so little in that big car seat! SO cute.

Jackie said...

Hooray!! I love those pics. That is one lucky kid. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't agree that you don'tdeserve all of these blessings. I think you do deserve them and that is why the Lord has so freely given them to you. I hope you are doing well and enjoying Gavin being with all of you. How is Alyiah doing with the whole thing? we are so happy that the Lord has seen fit for you to raise such a precious little boy. Let us know how it is going along.
Love to all
Bishop and Sister Lee

Darbee said...

Congratulations, to you all! I have tears in my eyes just seeing the pictures of little Gavin, and all that you guys have been through. You are a remarkable family! I wish you all the best, with your new adventures at HOME! Good Luck!

Mrs. Haynie said...

Holy cow Melissa...i just got onto your blog and had NO IDEA that you even had your baby yet, let alone that he was in the NICU. i just called and left you a message saying i feel like a horrible friend. please call me soon so we can talk and i can redeem myself. getting married is no excuse for not knowing what is going on in her life. i am so glad he was able to come home. i can't even imagine what the last two months were like. but if anyone was strong enough for this it was you melissa. i love you so much!!!!

M said...

The countdown ticker on the upper right of your blog gets me choked up every time. I don't know why- maybe because it is all you have and Gavin have gone through while most moms are anxiously hoping they will go a week or two early. As I'm writing this, you have 11 days left. Wow! This amazes me. You amaze me. Gavin amazes me. What a beautiful family you have and more importantly what beautiful people you are. You are so wonderful to share your journey with all of us. It is so inspiring. We love you lots! Way to go Gavin!

joshandemily said...

I loved to see your sweet little man. What a lucky little guy to have you guys for parents.

Kelli said...

Yes!! Congrats! We are so excited he is home. What a lucky little boy to have such a great family.

Pam said...

It is so hard for me to see all those pictures and to think of you not knowing if you'd get to go home with a baby. It brings tears to my eyes, just heartbreaking. You are and have been so strong! He looks so content in that picture laying on your bed, he knows that's right where he belongs!